5 ULTIMATE HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHICKEN
Benefits of Chicken : Chicken, named to be one of the most popular meats, has gained its fame due to its wide availability and heavenly taste. It has been consumed as food for more than a thousand years. One can prepare a variety of dishes with chicken, and it is also quite easy to cook.
Though there are very few disadvantages to consuming chicken, it offers various health benefits of Chicken for people of every age group.
In this article, let’s discuss some chief benefits of chicken When Consuming!
Table of contents
- Is chicken good for your health?
- What are the benefits of chicken?
- a. Easy to digest.
- b. Promotes your heart health.
- c. Boosts your immunity.
- d. Strengthens your bones.
- e. Reduces PMS
Is Chicken good for your health?Yes, indeed it is!
Chicken is said to be the most favorite meat of almost all non-vegetarians. Apart from the fact that it tastes delicious, it also contains most of the necessary nutrients, vitamins, and minerals required for the good functioning of a human body. It has a very good protein value that helps to strengthen and build your muscle.
However, it is not advisable for people with kidney diseases to consume chicken often as the protein present in the chicken tends to release a high quantity of acid in the blood, leading to acidosis.
What are the benefits of chicken?
1. Easy to digestSince chicken is a slice of tender meat, it gets digested at a faster rate. Moreover, it has zero fiber content, which makes it safe to consume for babies over 7 months and people with gastric or digestive issues. It is preferable to eat skinless chicken as they have a faster digestion rate.
2. Promotes your heart healthChicken regulates and maintains the homocysteine amino acid level in our body. If this acid level becomes high, it might lead to cardiovascular disease. The Vitamin B5 and Tryptophan nutrients present in chicken helps with stress management. Therefore, it works well on a stressful day as it reduces your stress and also tastes great!
3. Boosts your ImmunityIt is proven that chicken soup or chicken broth tends to boost your immunity more peculiarly when you’re suffering from cold, flu, and respiratory-related diseases. The Selenium present in chicken increases the metabolism rates and raises your body’s immunity level. It keeps your energy level high and also helps in maintaining a healthy weight.
4. Strengthens your BonesAs the chicken is rich in calcium and phosphorus along with proteins, it aids in strong and healthy bones and teeth. If you’re worried about osteoporosis or arthritis, consume chicken on a regular basis to decrease the risk of bone-related diseases. Also, phosphorus helps in regulating the function of the central nervous system, kidneys, and liver.
5. Reduces PMSThe Magnesium in Chicken aids in preventing Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) for women. It also increases the serotonin amino acid level which in turn enhances your mood, gets rid of stress, and helps with depression.
Nutrition Value of Chicken:It is well known that chicken is a rich source of protein. In addition to that, chicken also has several other nutritional values. The below list gives insights into the nutritional value in reference to 1 kg of chicken.
- Calories - 2390
- Fat - 140g
- Sodium - 820 mg
- Potassium - 2230 mg
- Protein - 270 g
- Cholesterol - 880 mg
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B6
Does chicken help to lose weight?Of course, it does!
Chicken is lean meat that has a very minimal fat percentage but high-protein value. As it is lower in calories, it can be filling for a meal. This restrains you from overeating. So, if you’re aiming for weight loss, you could definitely go for health benefits of chicken dishes. But, keep in mind that only boiled chicken leads to weight loss, not deep-fried chicken as it contains oil that is rich in fats.
Furthermore, chicken also helps with weight gain. Proteins are often termed as the building blocks of our body. They play a vital role in muscle strength and development. Consuming chicken results in healthy weight gain by inducing muscle growth instead of fat growth. The chicken’s breast part serves as a high-source of protein.
In a nutshell,
Though consuming chicken offers numerous health benefits, it is highly necessary to understand the method of preparation of chicken meals. To prepare a healthy chicken dish, I would recommend you to boil, steam, roast, or grill the chicken with minimal oil instead of deep-frying. Don’t forget to add some spicy masalas to fuel up the taste. Enjoy the chicken along with its health benefits of Chicken!
To know more about beef recipes, check out our page.
Is it Healthy to Eat Chicken Every day?
Comment and share your opinion with Meats Today.